Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SV Sara B in Langkawi, Malaysia



'Sara B' is a Lello 34 that I bought in Cape Town, South Africa in 1984. Sailing seemed like an interesting way to return to the United States after I finished my Masters degree at the University of Cape Town.



After sailing from Cape Town to Florida, through the Panama Canal, across the Pacific Ocean to New Zealand and Australia I completed a PhD at the Australian National University in Canberra.

I then sailed across the Indian Ocean, up the Red Sea to Turkey, Greece, and Venice.

In Venice I decided to turn around and head east rather than west, and sailed back down the Red Sea, spending a year in India, before arriving in South East Asia.



I am now in the Telaga Harbor Marina on the island of Langkawi in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment